Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Walking Away



Over the course of my life I have had to make decisions to walk away from things that no longer serve or suit me.  Sometimes it is a relationship or friendship, sometimes it is an actual person that you can't even be around anymore, jobs, classes, volunteer work, lifestyles.. You name it, there is something we have all had to choose to walk away from.

Last week I left my volunteer position with the community cheer program.  It was hard, but a day after my decision I slept better than I had months.  What it really came down to was black and white for me.  It no longer served as a happy and peaceful position, but instead filled me with dread and worry.

It made me realize that as we become more "adult" in our lives there are things and people we have to let go of so we can grow and create the life we not only want, but deserve.  I also saw the light that people I was "close" to aren't really my kind of people.  They never saw me and they never actually respected me or my position and that is ok for them, not for me,

If there is something that just doesn't make you happy anymore, no matter how hard you try, it just won't work.  Most importantly, it is ok to walk away with your head held high as there are great things waiting for you at the end of the stressful, disrespectful tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment